2017. június 21., szerda



Just an other senseless project by me... Somewhere deep inside I know that spending so much money on beads for unwearable, useless, weird-looking jewelry is stupid irresponsibility :( But it's so hard to resist the temptation of a challenge...

As mentioned earlier, I've been watching Sailor Moon, which naturally had an inspirational effect on me from the aspect of beading. Y'know, seeing jewelry and crystals of every sort can really inspire one for beading something shiny or cute...
For example while I was watching the first season, where pratically everybody was searching for the Silver Crystal, I obviously felt urged to buy some "crystal silver shade" Swarovskis and make a pendant. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Well, it wasn't. Actually finding beads in this colour was almost as difficult as finding that crystal itself in the story - I tell you, at the end I could totally sympathise with Beryl & Co... And being obstinate enough, after running around in the city for hours, visiting at least seven shops,  then browsing in different webshops (which I normally don't do), I finally have gathered the desired materials.
Creating the pendant wasn't either an easy task, I had to tear it down three-four times in order to find the best solution - but I'm now pretty satisfied with the result :)






The problem was that I couldn't stop at this point... When I saw the May Design Challenge by Facet Jewelry, I... well, I failed miserably. Few years ago I already vowed not to enter any contests again (because why should I waste beads, time and energy, when I've no chance at all?), but now my conceited, competitive, childish self proved stronger.
I decided to enter the challenge, but well, for a contest one must create something spectacular and extravagant... a simple pendant weren't enough.
I thought that Sailor Moon could actually fit the theme "heroes & villains" - maybe I was mistaken, dunno... Of course they must rather meant Western superheroes, but I'm cosmopolitan ;)
After a lot of musing and planning I decided to make a piece of jewelry inspired by not only Sailor Moon herself, but by her friends and comrades too. So the each smaller element of the necklace represents a Sailor Senshi (inner or outer), made in the signature colours of her outfit (skirt, bow, tiara gem), while the focal piece symbolises the Silver Crystal, thus representing Sailor Moon. I used silk ribbons for the ends - frankly I was just too lazy to make the collar long enough, but I think ribbons really fit the concept, don't you think?
Finding Swarovskis in matching colours was fun, but sometimes challenging - the result isn't perfect, but I sincerely hope not too bad, either...

Some closer pics:
Neptune & Uranus
Mars, Mercury


Venus, Jupiter
Saturn, Pluto


 Sailor Moon & Sailor Chibi Moon

















And now? What shall I do with an uncomfortable (heavy and  edgy thanks to the bicones), almost untastefully multi-coloured, flashy necklace?
Sure, tearing apart and re-use it is the only sensible (if heart-wrenching) choice - I just wanted to show you in whole...


3 megjegyzés:

Drei kleine Perlen írta...

Liebe Teréz,
warum willst du das Set wieder zerstören? Es ist so wunderschön und hat es nicht verdient. Es sollte getragen und überall gezeigt werden. Andererseits, wenn es sich nicht gut tragen lässt und die Bicones kratzen kann ich dich schon verstehen. Trotzdem gefällt es mir sehr gut.
Viele liebe Grüße
Daniela

Drei kleine Perlen írta...

Hallo Teréz,

also mir gefällt die Kette sehr gut und auch die Gedanken, die Du dir dazu gemacht hast und die Farben, passend zu den Charakteren der Serie - einfach toll!
Wenn sie kratzt, dann kannst Du sie zumindest im Winter auf einem Rollkragenpullover tragen. ;-)

Liebe Grüße,
Nicole

Convallaria írta...

Liebe Daniela & Nicole, danke für eure netten Worte! Ich konnte noch immer nicht entscheiden, was ich mit der Kette tun sollte. Habe auch daran gedacht, die einzelne Elemente für verschiedene, besser tragbare kleinere Schmuckstücke zu verwenden...